Engage is a new provision that was launched in September 2020. The main purpose is to provide an environment that supports students who struggle to access the mainstream classroom on a full-time basis.
This could be for a reason relating to any of the 4-broad areas of need outlined within the code of practice.
Pupils who attend this provision include:
- Students who are working significantly below age expected in their core subjects, who would benefit being taught in a smaller group.
- Students returning from being Electively Home Educated.
- Students returning from alternative provision.
- School refusers or those with a high level of school anxiety.
- Students who are at risk of leaving school with few or no qualifications.
The staff in Engage include:
- The Engage teacher who delivers English and maths lessons to students in KS3. The whole school KS3 curriculum is followed for these lessons.
- A HLTA who is responsible for the day-to-day logistics of the provision and delivers overlearning to KS4 students.
- A teaching assistant who delivers targeted intervention and over-learning in English and maths...