It is our policy that we will keep the school open in all weathers. The only reason we would ever consider closing, would be if we concluded that it was unsafe for students/staff to be on site.

If we do ever decide that the school will be closed we will inform parents by :-

  • Sending an email to parents on our "bbs" database.
  • Placing a notice on our website along with the website news feed.
  • Placing a notice via the school Twitter feed (@BurtonBorough).
  • Asking the local radio stations (BBC Radio Shropshire) to make an announcement.

We would be VERY grateful if you could resist telephoning the school, as answering these calls delays us informing all parents of any decisions we make.