Welcome to the BBS community where the values Ambition, Proud, and Caring underpin everything that we do.
We are an inclusive school in the heart of a fantastic community. I am incredibly proud to be the Acting Principal of BBS and represent a dedicated staffing team, amazing students, and a family base invested in their children’s future.
As a school we believe that whilst academic achievement is critically important, it is about educating the whole child and providing them with the experiences and opportunities to unlock their potential and flourish. Developing socially, growing resilience and character, whilst also feeling safe and happy are as important as the progress within each subject.
With hard work and dedication students can fulfil their ambitions. I make no excuses for having high standards and expectations of all within the community and holding high aspirations for each and every student. Developing a positive culture and recognising student endeavour alongside academic and extra-curricular achievement is paramount. Heartfelt praise and a smile go a long way.
I look forward to working with you for the benefit of the students and the community. Together we can achieve great things.
At Burton Borough, we are proud to be an inclusive Community Comprehensive School that provides an education that meets the needs of every student in Newport and our surrounding area. We aim to provide an educational experience in which the individual student is at the heart of all we strive for through care, challenge and mutual respect. Burton Borough School actively promotes British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs, race, gender, ages and disability.
Guiding Principles, Ethos and Values
- We are inclusive, we value all children equally.
- All young people have unique qualities and can achieve great things.
- We want all students to be secure and happy young people.
- We have high expectation of our students; we expect them to make excellent progress, to work hard and to reach their academic potential.
- We insist on high standards of behaviour; we want a calm, safe school where every students can learn without distraction.
- We emphasise the importance of mutual respect, courtesy and care for the school environment.
- We work closely with, and stand shoulder to shoulder with, our parents and carers.
- We contribute to the communities that we are a part of; locally, nationally and globally.